The conference will take place on 19 & 20 November 2007 in the main chamber of the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium. The objective of this high-level conference is to clarify which measures and indices are most appropriate to measure progress, wealth and well-being and how these can best be integrated into the decision-making process and taken up by public debate. The conference will bring together experts and policy makers to address these critical issues. Over 300 people from economic, social and environmental spheres will attend from Europe and beyond.
The conference will feature several high-level speakers, including internationally recognised leaders and government representatives, members of the European Parliament as well as speakers from civil society, think tanks, industry, and key institutions such as the World Bank and the United Nations.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Joaquin Almunia (European Commissioner for Economic & Monetary Affairs);
- HE Chief Emeka Anyaoku (President, WWF);
- Rui Baleiras (State Secretary for Regional Development, Portugal);
- Stavros Dimas (European Commissioner for Environment);
- Kristalina Georgieva (Director, World Bank);
- Inge Kaul (Hertie School of Governance, Berlin);
- Ashok Khosla (Acting President, Club of Rome);
- Nicole Notat (President, Vigeo);
- Pier Carlo Padoan (Deputy Secretary General, OECD);
- Walter Radermacher (President, Federal Statistical Office of Germany);
- Hans Rosling (Professor of International Health, Karolinska Institute, Sweden);
- Vladimir Spidla (Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities);
- Patrick Viveret (Cours de Comptes, France);
HOW TO REGISTER:
Conference attendance is by invitation only. The registration form is available at the following webpage, where further instructions are provided. Please copy/paste the link into your browser to assure access: http://www.beyond-gdp.eu/registration19201107.htm.
As the number of places is limited, we kindly ask you to register at your earliest convenience. After receiving a confirmation email from us, your registration is complete. Please allow 2-5 days for the registration to be processed.
FURTHER INFORMATION / LOCATION / ACCOMMODATIONFor more information about the conference, location and accommodation, please visit the conference website: http://www.beyond-gdp.eu. Should you need to contact us, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.